Sunday 8 November 2015

A piece of Me. Gone.

Last week I did something I thought I'd never be able to do. 
I sold our video collection.
Over the years I collected every possible family movie I remember and have shared each and every one with my kids. 
The memories, the time and place I last saw it and who I watched it with.
Titles like Andre, Shrek, The Secret Garden, Cool Runnings and A Little Princess.
Gumby, Pippi Longstockings, Lassie and all the Disney Classics.
We owned all of the Pixar movies and the complete first seasons of Pokemon and Round the Twist as well as the  Jurassic Park and Harry Potter Series'.
Letting them go for less then their worth was one of the hardest things I have had to do. 

These were the photos we had advertised..



This was the photo taken before they were picked up..


Such a hard moment to practically give them away. 
But whats done is done and although the movies are no longer taking up space in my linen cupboard, the memories I treasure both past and present will always remain. 

1 replied:

MoxieBee said...

Hi Mel, Stopping by from Mom Bloggers Club. Sweet blog you have here! So hard to part with childhood stuff, even when they outgrow it. Sending my best from Va Beach, VA to Melbourne. ~Maura
The Moxie Bee
http:/www.themoxiebee.com

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia