Saturday 9 May 2015

Today my Child is Dependent & I love it!

My kids are very very very independent in comparison to other kids their ages. Since Jiedyn was 4 he could make his own breakfast and has. Nevaeh's the same. In the morning before school I hardly have to get out of bed. The kids get up, turn the heater on, turn the radio on, get their own school clothes, get dressed, they get their own breakfast, put their lunchboxes on the bench for me to fill, get their socks and shoes on. Jie brushes his own hair and all I have to do is fill their lunchboxes and put Nevaeh's hair up and walk them to the bus stop with a valid myki card.

After school I pick the kids up from the bus stop, we walk home chatting about our days and it's routine when they get in the door again. They take their shoes off, hang their bags on their doors, pull out their notices (if they have any) and put their lunchboxes in the sink. They change into their PJ's unless I tell them we're going out or that they need a bath as I make an after school snack. On warmer afternoons they play out the back until dinner but on colder days they play uno, watch a movie or play their tablets.

After dinner, we read, play cards or a board game before I remind them to brush their teeth, tuck them into bed and kiss them goodnight.

I know I have pretty amazing kids.

 Today, it's a day before mothers day. The house is quiet with the radio on low. Nevaeh is at her Dad's and I have enjoyed a wonderful sleep in. At the moment Jiedyn is asleep on the couch with Altius (cat) asleep at his feet. He is not well and hasn't been able to keep a single thing down. This is one of the very rare times in my life where my kids allow me to do things for them. When they are sick they are dependent and I get to be their mother. Holding them, helping them, loving them, watching over them. I love this time. Not for the fact that their sick but that I actually feel like a mother. Jie has asked me to get him a drink, a bucket, to lay with him and there is nothing I wouldn't do for him.


Today my child is completely dependent and I love it..

Linking up with:

The SHINE Blog Hop

2 replied:

Unknown said...

Poor baby, I hope he got better quick!

I love the snuggles and love from my kids when they are sick too.

Unknown said...

Aww, this is lovely. I hope he recovered quickly (although the hugs and snuggles are precious when our little ones aren't well).

Thank you for sharing (and for linking up to the #SHINEbloghop).

I hope you'll stop by again tomorrow!

Wishing you a lovely day.
xoxo

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia