Friday 10 October 2014

Thankful 4

Tonight I thought I'd share 4 things that I am totally thankful for beginging with my Dad.

My Dad is my rock. His advice, opinions and thoughts really matter to me. I am so so thankful to have him in my life. I love that I have a Dad who cares so much for me and my children, who actually goes to great lengths to protect my heart. He is so genuine and the amount of love he has for me is felt even though we may not talk daily. He is a blessing in disguise and I don't think I give him enough credit for how much he makes me feel as though I want to be a better person and make him proud. So tonight I am thankful for him.

The second thing I am incredibly thankful for is the time I have spent able to be a stay-at-home mother these past 9 years. It hasn't always been easy and I have grown and changed these past few years but the rewards are in my children being able to have me there for them, to see their firsts, correct bad behavior and to be able to give them expectations which coincide christian living. I would like to thank the tax payers for the ability to be the one raising my children and to able to have the money to provide them their needs. I am wholeheartedly grateful.

Thirdly I am grateful for the opportunity to give back. While being a mother had been amazing in every area of my life so far, I am looking forward to being able to work and study towards a career in which I've wanted since before I had my children. I see so many friends achieving so much and I feel like having children has held me back from me being able to accomplish my goals. But I am thankful that with this new year I will be able to study my way towards a career I've always wanted and work so that others can have the same opportunity of raising their kids as I have mine.

And finally I am so thankful for the opportunities I've had so far this year. Highlights like being able to turn my house into a home for myself and my children, to become closer to my neighbors and to just take time to thank God for the little details in every day life I took for granted. Long distant phone calls with friends, being present at my Uncle's wedding not long ago and being able to spend time with my nieces and nephew and hear they're hearts. Life is bittersweet but I'm so thankful for mine. I have a lot to treasure and praise Jesus for!

0 replied:

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia