Wednesday 8 October 2014

Putting Me First!

If I have learned anything these past two years of being separated it's to put myself first. And I have. I have learnt that its okay to say no to my kids, family members and commitments to make time for myself. Sometimes us Mums/Wives need that time. And sometimes we dont realise we need it until we are actually given the opportunity. 

I mean, don't get me wrong. I love being a Mum. I have amazing kids and I enjoy being a parent. I am so grateful for the opportunity to greet my children as they get up in the morning and to be able to send them to bed smiling and full of joy. Nothing can describe a mothers love or my love for them. They are my greatest gifts and I am honored to be called Mum. I never ever take that for granted. Even when I'm struggling.

As much as I love Jiedyn and Nevaeh, I don't just want to be defined only as a mother. And I am. That's all I am right now and I love that, but I have goals I'd like to achieve for me. I have to be realistic and prepare them for a life of independence one day. Independent from me and totally independently dependent on God. I am honestly looking forward to them creating lives for themselves and making choices to achieve their own goals. 

So with all that said, I am focusing on me this month. 

Some hard decisions are coming up. Some sacrificing and skim and scraping through these next few months are in order to achieve a few things I've always wanted for me. 

Looking forward to keeping you updated!

But as for right now, I'm just enjoying the moment. 





0 replied:

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia