Tuesday 19 August 2014

Finally! A Diagnosis.

Dear Readers,

 Earlier today my 5 year old daughter was diagnosed with Fructose Malabsorption. She has been getting symptoms for around a year now and after blood tests, x-rays and ultra sounds showing nothing we had to wait 6 months to see a Pediatrician. Today was the day. As we walked out of the pediatrician office today with a name for whats been causing her so much pain I'm overwhelmed and uneducated on the subject of her new diet requirements. Just wondering if there was anyone in my area suffering with the same thing Fructose Malabsorption who can help me get to know the needs of my daughter or if any of you guys know many Australian webpage lists of diet requirements, recipes, do's and don'ts.. We have been referred to a dietitian but it's not yet known when we'll be seeing her and I would like to know how to best start her new diet.

Thanks so much.
Mel.

1 replied:

Unknown said...

Aww, it is so hard to have a sick child and not know how to help her. My daughter has a gluten allergy that was undiagnosed until age 5. At first it was so complicated to get her diet right, but we got the hang of it. I'm sure in a little time your daughter's new diet will become second nature. Good luck, I hope you're able to see the dietitian soon!

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia