Monday 9 April 2012

It's Me Time!

Me Today
123kg
I have always known I was big, but after seeing my baptism and wedding photos I realized I was much, much larger than I felt. Once hitting puberty at 13yo, I started getting wide hips but my Mum had always said it was the T.I blood in me and that all islander girls have big bones. I have also always been self conscious about excessive hair growing on my chin, chest and lower back. I tried to just get rid of it by waxing but being in one foster home after another it got too much and to save the confrontation with explaining to yet another foster mum I just started shaving it. On the 28th of March, two weeks after Matt and I got married I wanted to start getting into shape. He and I had spoken about extending our family and having more kids but I wanted to feel fit and healthy within myself before carrying another child. I booked an appointment with the doctor to get some fitness advise where within seconds he offered dieting pills which were pretty pricey. I turned him down after setting up an account the night before with the free calorie counting website, MyFitnessPal. I was pretty impressed after adding my food intake and workout for the day with calories to spare, that I was confident that if I put my mind to it I could lose the weight myself. Then we spoke a bit about why now, had I dieted before, why couldn't I keep it off etc. After telling him more and more info about me and my body, he wanted to have me tested for Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) and run a full blood test. Within a week the results were in and it was confirmed I had PCOS. 15 cysts on each ovary and well as in my uterus and cervix. I was then scared of being diagnosed with diabetes, which I was told goes hand in hand with PCOS but praise God, I'm not a sweet person! However my cholesterol levels were that of a 35-40yo age range. Although the week and days after being diagnosed, I binged, (I tend to do that most when I'm stressed) I am now more focused then ever. I want to be healthy, I want to look on the outside the way I feel on the inside and most of all I want to want to jump in front of the camera with my kids without thinking of fatty photos!

My Goals:


Lose a kilo a week
Join a gym
Start water arobics and swimming
Sign up for netball after losing half my goal weight (at 89kg)
Be at a healthy weight for my hight, 55kg


You can follow my journey via MyFinessPal Profile, I accept all friend requests. 

0 replied:

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia