Tuesday 21 February 2012

Yesterday engaged! Today, Baptized..

The lord is doing some pretty awesome things in our family right now. A year ago marriage meant nothing to me and while in the car with my Dad a few short weeks ago I told him I'd probably never get married.. I gave my heart to one man and even a year after being away from him, I was still praying that God would change his heart and bring him home. I felt torn when on the 13th of January Matthew told me he still loved me. I knew in heart I still loved him but couldn't put the words into my mouth. I was honest to everyone who meant something to me. I was honest to myself and Matt, my friends and family, but most of all to God. I felt my heart being torn.. But in the end I left it with God. I asked him to whole heartedly take my life and make it what he wanted. I remember saying "You know my heart like no one else does, if Matt is not the man you have planned for me then make me hate him with all my heart, if he is the one - the only one, make it happen" It was a massive step and look at us now! We're together, have a lot of love and support around us, we're engaged and getting married next month, we're happy, healthy and tonight we're baptized.. 
Mummy and Nevaeh getting ready.
Friends right by our side.
The boys ready to go.
Matt Baptised first.
Me excited and nervous.
I did it! Declared my love for the Lord today!
I'd just like to say a special thanks to all who came out to be with us on such an important event and most of all we'd love to thank Mr Mark Shilling for baptizing the both of us.. Mark and his wife Penny have been in my life for around four years, without them and other Christians brought into our life by Jesus there is no way we would be the people we are today. Thank you all and ultimately THANK YOU JESUS!

10 replied:

Anonymous said...

So special!! I feel so privileged to be there today, and everyday.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't imagine my life without you! Your the bestest friend a girl could ever have xoxo

Unknown said...

Hey Beautiful!! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and will continue to pray for you, Matt and your kids. I'm so sorry I couldn't be there, and that we weren't able to catch up when I was in Melbourne, it was a flying trip! God bless you both as you take this next step in your walk with God and your relationship with Matt!!

Love you

Aimee

Anonymous said...

Your well wishes and prayers mean the world to me Aimee.. Your Mum and your wonderful family were all part of Gods journey for me. I didn't see it back then and never appreciated it but believe me - I do now! You guys will forever be in my heart. Sabine was the Mother I only dreamed of having. When I became a Mum and started renting when I was 17, I was ready for the transition because your Mum taught me how to be self sufficient and independent! It was her love and kindness I held so dearly within, I wanted to be exactly like her. I still watch 10 Things I Hate About You and know every line off by heart just like Jass and I looked up to you like a big sister, showing me how christian relationships/marriages should be when you got with Nick! The love you guys had for Jesus shone so bright!! And yep, I even started wearing bandanna's like your Dad.. I just treasured the memories and feeling of "family" while I lived with you guys that I really missed it! You guys are awesome and although in my human abilities I could never thank you all enough - I know God will one day! I love you all xoxo Melissa

Jane and Chris said...

Thank you for sharing your Baptism with us!
A sacred moment indeed.
Jane x

Mama Finch said...

Congratulations on both your upcoming marriage and baptism and thank you for sharing such an important moment in your life.

Jes ♥ said...

Congrats on both of these wonderful events!! Thanks for sharing your Baptism! I was baptized in 2007. It was such a important step for me personally, and I felt so wonderful after it happened! :)

Our 365 Days said...

Thank you so much for sharing that with us!!

Ashley said...

That's awesome! :)

Jenifer Harrod said...

That is so awesome that you are born again Christians and that you got baptized.

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia